It’s officially summer, and that means halter-tops and tanks. Unfortunately, that leaves your excess weight you’ve been carrying under your arms exposed. Not only is it unpleasant, it’s also extremely hard to get rid of. Since you cannot target just one area for weight loss, a combination of a healthy diet and cardio will help burn the calories. Luckily there are exercises that target and tone the muscle under the unwanted underarm fat once you shave it away!
Bent-Over Reverse Fly
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand with your closed palms facing out, stand with the knees slightly bent. Keep your back flat, and bend forward at the hip joint.
- Lift both arms to the sides, maintaining a slight bend in the elbows, and squeeze your shoulder blades together. Then, with control, lower the dumbbells back together
- That completes one rep. Do three sets of 12 reps.
Lateral Plank Walk
- Begin in plank position with your hands underneath your shoulders and your body in one straight line.
- Simultaneously cross your hand toward the left as you step your left foot out to the left. Then step your left hand and right foot to the left, returning to the plank position. Your hands move together as your feet step apart. Take two more steps in this direction, keeping your abs pulled towards your spine and your pelvis level. Reverse directions taking three steps to the right. This completes one rep
- Good old-fashioned push-ups target your biceps and triceps to strengthen the muscles in your trouble spots.
- Rest your knees on the ground if you aren’t strong enough for regular push-ups. This position will still target the same muscles.
- Place your hands on the edge of the seat of a chair and walk your feet out. Slowly lower butt toward floor, bending elbows to about a 90-degree angle; press back up.
- Do two sets of 12 reps.
SHOP THE LOOK