Many of you have emailed me wanting details on how to write for the site and get involved. If that’s you, good news: Sorority Fashion is currently looking for interns and contributors for Summer and Fall 2015. If you’re interested in working with us here at SF, read on for all the details!
We are currently looking to hire people for following positions:
- Writers (Fashion, Beauty, Home, Lifestyle, or Food)
Not sure which position you want? Applying for more than one is encouraged!
If you love taking photos and seeking out style on campus but also like to write, you are welcome to apply for more than one position.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate would be enrolled in college as of Fall 2015 (recent grads will also be considered), passionate about all things fashion, responsible, hard working, self-motivated, creative, and organized. Preference will be given to candidates with prior blogging experience – even if it’s just a personal blog. Applicants should have a strong command of the English language (spelling and grammar are very important) and should be able to handle writing on a deadline. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, HTML, and/or WordPress is a big plus.
Why Intern at Sorority Fashion?
This is an excellent opportunity if you’re interested in fashion or journalism and want to expand your writing portfolio and get your name out there. Writing, modeling or being a photographer for SF will give you real-life fashion industry and journalism experience and will be an impressive reference on any resume. Sorority Fashion interns will walk away with fashion and media industry experience, improved web writing skills, free swag, and possibly even a full-time job.
Perks of being a Sorority Fashion writer include having a fun job, testing out new products before they hit the shelves, networking within the industry, attending fashion-related events in your area, and possibly the occasional celebrity interview. Positions are available in our Los Angeles Headquarters. Also, this can be an online position, so you’ll be able to work from any location and (for the most part) choose your own hours.
College credit is available, and outstanding writers may be offered continuing paid positions at the end of the semester.
How to Apply:
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Position Selection: Writer (include preferred category) or stylist
- Samples of your writing (include your blog URL if you have one) – the more relevant the better! If you don’t have experience writing fashion or blog-style articles, write up a short sample Sorority Fashion article to show you can handle it.
- A list of topics you’d like to blog about – be specific. If you get the position, what are some articles you’d like to write for Sorority Fashion? If you could have a weekly column here, what would it cover? What topics are you most passionate and knowledgeable about? The more creative and unique, the better.
- Your top 5 favorite fashion trends right now
- Where you go to school and your class year
- Information on any relevant experience that qualifies you for this job
Basically, I want to know why you’re perfect for the position. Standard resumes and cover letters are boring, so the more personal and creative your application, the better. Can’t wait to hear from you!